Cofund Fellowship Program
Next Cofund call will open in May 2015
If you are a postdoc, this is your opportunity to advance and disseminate your research
in neglected diseases such as tuberculosis, malaria, Chagas disease, and leishmaniasis.
The Tres Cantos Open Lab Foundation (TCOLF) Cofund Fellowship will give you access
to GSK drug discovery expertise and industrial-scale facilities in Tres Cantos,
The Fellowship is partially funded by the European Commission through its FP7 Marie
Curie co-funding program.
Why You Should Apply
There is simply no better place than Tres Cantos to explore innovative approaches
to address neglected diseases.You'll be working side-by-side with Open Lab researchers
and GSK scientists in a collaborative atmosphere. You’ll explore innovative approaches
to research, apply new skills and improve your career opportunities—all while contributing
to the treatment of diseases that affect millions of people.
Qualifications to Apply
To be eligible for the Fellowship, you must:
- Have institutional endorsement to carry out the project (please refer to the Guide
for Applicants & FAQs for additional information)
- Have an interest in conducting research on the following fields: malaria, tuberculosis
and/or kinetoplastids (Chagas disease, leishmaniasis or sleeping sickness)
- Be available to conduct research at the Tres Cantos Campus for the time needed to
execute the proposal
- Fulfill the eligibility criteria, namely:
- Experience: Researchers must, at the time of deadline for submission
of proposals, be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years
of full-time equivalent research experience. Full-time equivalent research experience
is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree that would formally
entitle him or her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the
degree was obtained or in the country in which the research training is provided.
- Mobility: Researchers must not have resided or carried out their
main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years
immediately prior to the reference date (deadline for submission of proposals).
Compulsory national service and/or short stays, such as holidays, are not taken
- Completeness of the application: Only complete applications will
be evaluated. Complete applications consist of: CV, project description, home institution´s
signed expression of interest and GSK TCMDC signed expression of interest.