Cofund Fellowship Program
Call for Applications: Deadline February 4
If you are a postdoc, this is your opportunity to advance and disseminate your research
in neglected diseases such as tuberculosis, malaria, Chagas disease, and leishmaniasis.
The Tres Cantos Open Lab Foundation (TCOLF) Cofund Fellowship will give you access
to GSK drug discovery expertise and industrial-scale facilities in Tres Cantos,
The Fellowship is partially funded by the European Commission through its FP7 Marie
Curie co-funding program.
Why You Should Apply
There is simply no better place than Tres Cantos to explore innovative approaches
to address neglected diseases.You'll be working side-by-side with Open Lab researchers and GSK scientists in a collaborative atmosphere. You’ll explore innovative
approaches to research, apply new skills and improve your career opportunities—all
while contributing to the treatment of diseases that affect millions of people.
Qualifications to Apply
To be eligible for the Fellowship, you must:
- Have institutional endorsement to carry out the project (please refer to the Guide for Applicants & FAQs for additional information)
- Have an interest in conducting research on the following fields: malaria, tuberculosis
and/or kinetoplastids (Chagas disease, leishmaniasis or sleeping sickness)
- Be available to conduct research at the Tres Cantos Campus for the time needed to
execute the proposal
- Fulfill the eligibility criteria, namely:
- Experience: Researchers must, at the time of deadline for submission of proposals,
be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent
research experience. Full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the
date when a researcher obtained the degree that would formally entitle him or her
to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained
or in the country in which the research training is provided.
- Mobility: Researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work,
studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior
to the reference date (deadline for submission of proposals). Compulsory national
service and/or short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account.
- Completeness of the application: Only complete applications will be evaluated. Complete
applications consist of: CV, project description, home institution´s signed expression
of interest and GSK TCMDC signed expression of interest.